Happy Tuesday! In today’s episode, I talk about the myth of wanting a “new you” including my thoughts on how to reinvent yourself without that Eat-Pray-Love approach. We not only take this common theory and question it, but provide some alternative ideas for managing personal development too. We are told all kinds of things, but you don’t want to be someone different; you want to feel like yourself, while being better.
|| PODCAST SUMMARY ||
We are told to reinvent ourselves by starting from scratch. But the roots of who you are already wait under the layers of ‘shoulds’ the world has given us. The first problem that self help books skip over with creating a ‘new you’ is that we are made of the old one. You don’t want a new you. You want the you trapped beneath your expectations.
|| SHOW NOTES ||
- Free Guide to Reinventing your Path
- My Eat-Pray-Love reinvention discussion on Crafty Ass Female Podcast
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- The Middle Finger Project by Ash Ambirge on Goodreads
- NLP for Dummies on Goodreads
- 7 Days to a Magickal New You on Goodreads
- Change Your Life in 7 Days on Goodreads
|| WHAT NEXT ||
Please leave a comment below saying introducing yourself to the Rooted Reinvention community.
I’d also love to hear questions or suggestions for future podcast episodes.