FED UP OF LIVING THE LIFE YOUR PAST-SELF DECIDED?
This is for all the creative soul-searchers who know the power of reinvention.
You’ve followed the pull of reinventing yourself for years… and yet, it’s not enough. Nothing’s changed; you still feel uncomfortable in your own skin. You’re playing the same tape, falling back on old habits and although you feel ‘busy’ the progress isn’t happening.
You’re self-aware, and you can’t ignore the inner fire any longer. Those little embers of power want to rise into flame. But you don’t want to unleash it in case it burns down your life.
Change is scary, but if you are willing to lean in, I can guide you through it to take real action, identify what’s not working, and feel like yourself again. It’s okay to be in the messy middle, to be held back by the ‘shoulds’ of other people.
I’m Katy-Rose, and my superpower is uncovering clarity from the mud.
In the self-help realm, we are told that if we have felt flawed, wrong or broken, that we can heal and ‘move on’ from those experiences. So often, we are told to give up our fears, to let go of our past and to burn the bridges of our ‘old life.’
But those roots are your secret weapon.
You don’t need to untangle your experiences.
You just need to know how they connect, learn to identify them, and nurture the new growth.
There’s nothing wrong with reinventing yourself.
You’re in the right place if you:
- consider yourself a serial reinventor and soul-searcher
- never felt like you “fit in.” (or you’re an INFJ)
- want a holistic approach: science meets spirit meets taking-action.
- feel tired of going through the motions.
- may have struggled with mental health in the past.
- are just getting used to life as an ‘adult’ or are at a crossroads and feel pulled in an unexpected direction.
- have more than one thing on your bucket list: you want to achieve a few different things
It Is Possible.
It’s time to embrace this new self, without ignoring or discarding everything you’ve done (and been) before. You’re ready to step into your true self, that potential for feeling alive. You want to reinvent your life, without uprooting yourself.
There are 3 main challenges to reinvention these days:
– undoing the programming of how we’re expected to be
– the practicalities of reinventing the self while still living in the real world
– accepting that we’re never 100% ‘done’ with reinvention
It’s not only possible, but it’s worth the work.
Using a mix of cognitive-therapy-infused tools, traditional psychology techniques, and experiential spirit, we can craft your new normal, without burning down everything you’ve worked to become.
Are you looking for a way to meld all the science and action with your intuition? I’m your girl.
Hai. I’m Katy-Rose Bye. Reinventor, cat-parent & star-gazer.
I’ve always been pulled to know myself, believing that to change the world, we need to start with ourselves. Which is why I went from a BSc Psychology to an MSc Cognitive Neuroscience. My desire to help others took me through a PGCert in Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Level II Reiki. It was only after earning my diploma in Life Coaching that I realized my true calling was helping soul-searchers who feel torn between reinvention and being true to themselves.
I’ve spent years feeling guilty for being broken. I was eleven when I first felt broken. I felt helpless until I was 25. I’ve never felt “not” broken. Every affirmation was “healing is possible”. I’ve tried nearly everything to fix myself.
CBT, counselling, 3 degrees in psychology and neuroscience, reiki, self-harm, journalling, self-esteem coaching, self-help books, law of attraction, meditation, tea, herbal remedies, medication…
I’ve worked in social services, treated patients in mental health settings, taught meditation and support young offenders and their families. The one thing I know to be true is that humans are so capable, and it is through evolution and reinvention that we thrive, despite less-than-perfect situations. But we’re not taught how to do this.
Enter, me. The guide at your side.
Rooted Reinvention is an 8-week foundational reinvention program that will lead you to reignite your inner spark, define your plan and take positive action, while staying rooted to your core self.
How It Works:
– Let’s Get Moving… before we even get on the call, you complete a short questionnaire so that our time is tailored to crafting solutions that work for you, and you won’t have to go over your life history.
– Eight Live Calls… In our 8 weeks together, we will cover your:
ROOTS: what worked (life current fits), grounds (what keeps you sane) and lessons (past hurts)
TRUNK: the map from now to then, from “now” to “new normal”.
BRANCHES: vision, tools (sun/air), and core desired feelings
& LEAVES: What you need to let go of
…so that you feel confident about where to focus your time and energy, and are motivated to take that next step forward.
– A Customised Action Plan… focusing on what will help you now, in a simple format so that you have clear, realistic steps and feel confident about making changes and take consistent action.
– A Personalised Summary with Where You’ve Been & Where You’re Going… following our work together, so that you know what your rooted reinvention looks like: roots, trunk, branches and all.
– Unlimited Email Support… throughout the program so you are able to ask questions and put the plan into action.
…All so that you walk away with a direction to begin walking, a plan of action to follow & an understanding of how to tell when you’re veering off-course.
– The price for the 8-week course is £197.
Ready to Stretch your Branches?
What You Get:
If you show up and do the work in the months we’re together, you’ll know exactly what drives you – which roots are keeping your stable, which channels are fuelling and nourishing you, how to motivate yourself, and the ability to define what your next chapter will look like.
-You will (finally!) get out of your head and take action instead of over-thinking.
-You’ll know when to push against resistance and when to pause.
-You will learn to focus on how you want to feel, not what ‘to-do’ items you need to tick off.
-You’ll have a clear map to follow so you no longer feel lost or out-of-control.
-You can discover how to read that inner compass that knows who you are meant to be.
Following Our Sessions, People Say:
Katy’s coaching helped me to find clarity in my visions and dreams: to map through what I was excelling at and how I could move forwards in other areas. It gave me the reassurance that I was moving towards my potential and allowed me to see how far I had come, as well as new steps to take for the next leg of my journey.
~ Aiyana, Nurse
It was very reassuring, especially the way Katy managed to break things down into manageable steps with a really positive focus. I always find it a bit daunting to talk about goals – I have a tendency to go after everything at once – but I found talking with Katy really constructive.
~ Angharad, Apothecary
The takeaway for me was twofold: learning how to feel like I’m managing my time well without having to log it, and that I don’t actively schedule downtime minus nighttime reading. I realised that small daily tasks work best for me to incorporate habits.
~ Sara, Badass Writer and Editor
Working with Katy helped me sharpen my focus, and gave me some direction. I have a lot more clarity, and a pathway to focus on: something ‘to do’ about it, rather than just hoping my anxieties go away in time.
~ Ciarán, Project Manager
Katy helped unravel me… I felt tied up in mental knots and she teased them out. I have plenty of ideas and ambitions to get motivated on but having a focus was an obstacle. Things got better when I began to see the rejections as a nudge onto the better path. It was a “Life Kick Up the Bum” that I needed.
~ Máire, Primary Teacher & Writer
What’s going to help you get there? Rooted Reinvention, of course!
Instead of spending days wishing you knew yourself, time reading the latest self-help book, or money on courses and books… Let’s map out your new normal.
Ready to Strengthen your Roots?
I did this work by myself. I read the self-help books, took the courses, and did therapy. This drive literally drove me to complete 3 degree-level qualifications.
Melding the science from my Masters with the experiences I’ve had… My approach to the challenges is a little different from other coaches I’ve seen.
– Undo the ‘shoulds’ of how we’re expected to be
We identify those inner voices, what you would thrive doing without the expectations of others, and use cognitive tools to take away the power of those unhelpful thoughts.
– It’s possible to reinvent yourself while still living in the real world
I understand that some people like to completely start over. They need to tie off the loose ends and have a fresh slate. I’m not one of them. I have a mortgage to pay, a husband I love, and I know that the reinvention I have always longed for, is really a form of evolution.
So rooted reinvention focuses on the roots and foundations you already have, so you have that stability in your life while you make the tweaks to higher up the tree, so to speak.
– We’re never 100% ‘done’ with reinvention
Although many of us are looking for a ‘real me’ beneath the surface, we do have the understanding, deep down, that human beings are always growing. Our brains continue to grow, prune and re-wire themselves even on the day we die. So although we look at reaching a space of the reinvention being ‘done’ it’s just reaching the next level, with the idea that in time, the level beyond that will come.
It’s Your Journey:
You could keep doing this yourself, talk to your friends, go to the forums and reddit… you could even take the same degrees as me, or courses for thousands of people without getting the personalised action.
Or if you’re ready to undo your shoulds, want to reinvent and evolve while still living in the real world, if you’re ready to accept you’ll never be done with reinvention and look forward to it and get the tools… Join me.
Ready to Reinvent Yourself?
I don’t want to have audio calls, can you support me?
– Introvert? Wallflower? The option of typed-only coaching sessions leads to exact notes, and allows for relaxing music as we work together.
What if I don’t have the time?
– As with most things in the self-development world, you’ll get out what you put it. I can’t define nor walk your path for you, but rather I can point out various patterns you may not see from your perspective, and I can help you to read the map when it gets muddy.
Realistically, an hour a week (even split into daily 8-minute blocks) is plenty of time to make progress.
Is this all just a bunch of ‘woo’?
– I do incorporate some of the non-scientific wellness aspects into the package, although I also hold degrees in Psychology and Neuroscience as well as a qualification in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, which is evidence-based, so there’s a healthy mix of the two.
How do I know if this right is for me?
– Apply below via the no-obligation form and let’s find out! If I can’t help you, I’ll signpost you to someone who can!